Sunday, November 8, 2009

Moving and Shaking

Exercise #1:First Steps
The next step on my planning wall was to pick the necessary classes for my major that I will be taking in the spring. At UIC you have to wait until they tell you when you're able to sign up for your classes and last week starting on Tuesday I was able to, so i picked all my classes except for one, other than that I'm all ready to go for the spring semester.

Exercise #2:Reflecting on Fear
  • The resistance that I've experienced so far is people telling me that I won't make it as a teacher and that I'll end up changing my major. The other type of resistance that I've experienced was with my mother when i thought that i'd be changing my major,she didn't quite agree with me and not very supportive. Also one my role models was'nt very supportive even though she wasn't direct with it i could tell that she really didn't think that i would stick with becoming a doctor.
  • I think that it actually manifested me into a more stronger person in a way. It has made me stronger because it really just makes me want to work harder and prove everyone wrong. It also has made me in a way show my mother that I'm growing up and although she has a huge impact on my life she can't live it for me and I have to make my own decisons and learn from my own mistakes.
  • I wouldn't say that it reveals stage fright in me, but more of survival fear. Only because I'm actually really scared that I might not make it and I always have the thoughts of what if's? I believe that everyone always have those thoughts,but it seems like it's always going through my head and I can't seem to get it out.
  • The underlying messages I believe is that I can't let people's thought and comments about me get to me. I have to learn that I need to keep moving on and stay strong no matter what the problem or situation may be.
  • I don't think that anyone really moves through or around it and if they do I believe it's only temporary. Even when people do reach there goal there still going to have resistance no matter what.

2 comments:

  1. Misty, I have faith that whatever you decide you will be a winner! We all have FEAR & sometimes we don't want to recongnize that FEAR. But, you are knocking FEAR right out of your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty! Live for you... The thoughts you think people are having about you is probably your self conscious. No matter what you decide to do, we love you and we will support you, even if it means staying up with you to pull an all nighter! I promise I will!

    ReplyDelete