Exercise #1:First Steps
I've completed all the steps on my planning wall that i can at this point. The next step on it is to start all the classes that I've signed up for, for my major so at this point all I can do is wait for the Spring semester to start so that I can continue on with the steps of my planning wall.
Exercise #2:The Buddy System
The person that I decided to choose as a buddy is my friend Rebecca. She's actually taking a class similar to this one, instead her class is like a job training course were she has a mentor in the profession that she wants to be in which is a teacher and in her class shes actually able to go to work with her mentor and observe her at work. We actually live about 15 minutes away from eachother so we decided to meet up at her house to have our meeting. Since she's never seen my planning wall before, i decided to bring it so that she can see exactly what my plans are step-by-step to achieveing my goal as a pediatrician. She doesn't have a planning wall but she created something close it, but instead she calls hers a to do list. So for about the next 15 minutes or so, I explained to her the future problems that I might have and how right now, I'm really confident and feeling very optimistic about my plans. She explained to me that at first she was very worried that she would have trouble with the age group that she wants to teach, but when she observes her mentor and sees the different ways that she handles them, she doesn't feel as worried anymore. Our meeting actually ended up to be really good, although i would say that the only thing i didn;t like about it was that i had to keep explaining things to her such as what a touchstone is and a flow chart and a lot more now that I think about it, it would have been a lot better to stick with a buddy from class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment