Role Model #1
My third role model that i decided to interview this week was actually my old 8th grade teacher, Ms. Naughton. I decided to interview her because even though she was a teacher for four years, at the end of her fourth year she decided to go into law. Ms. Naughton said that although teaching was one of her passions and she enjoyed interacting with children, she felt that she was ready for something new in life. Ms. Naughton was a great teacher to me and we actually ended up becoming very close. Ms. Naughton's whole experience with teaching and then leaving it to practice law is really something that i look up to, because im still stuck between choosing to become a teacher or a doctor and this week one of my goals was to sit down with my parents and talk to them about my situation. Ms. Naughton's story actually gives me hope because, this weekend I came up with a decision in which i believe will make me very happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am happy that you are happy about your decsion. Speaking to your parents believe or not is the first step in your goals. I remember when my daughter came to my husband & I about her career change. Once we got over the intial shock we embrace it & supported her decision.
ReplyDeleteI am happy that you are moving forward! I am sure your parents are going to be of great support. Last semester when I told my parents, I was so nervous, I told them seperately, my mother was supportive. I emailed my father a letter and girl, he called me with every motivating word, I could think of to continue Medicine, but I had my mind made up! I told him what I see myself doing and eventually he came across and gave me the number to some political people in Nigeria, to contact. They might not agree right away but eventually, they'll come across! ALso, I am glad you are making this decision now, rather than 3 years from now!
ReplyDelete